French Notaires take their public service mission throughout the territory.
They contribute to the country's economic life, as evidenced by these statistics:
Figures of the notary profession as on September 1st, 2016:
10.073 notaires, of whom 7.084 practise as partners in 3.052 companies.
4.572 main offices, together with 1.3406 secondary offices , a total of 5.912 points of contact throughout France
More than 50,000 employees, which, including notaires, takes the number of people working in offices to over 60,000.
3.506 notaires are women (36%).
The average age is 48.
Each year notaires:
- are consulted by 20 million people,
- handle €600 billion of capital,
- draw up more of 4 million authentic instruments , and more of 320000 statements of inheritance ,
- generate turnover of €652 billion
Breakdown of Notaires activity according to turnover
- Real estate, sales related to building, leases: 50.1%
- Instruments related to loans: 10%
- Instruments related to the family, inheritance: 31.9%
- Property negotiations: 2.7%
- Corporate law, consulting services, valuation, property/estate advice: 5.3%