The heirs may choose a common notairey or each take a notaire. But in the latter case, a single notaire will be responsible for the settlement of the inheritance . The other notaires will provide advice and assistance to their clients.
What notaire will be in charge of the inheritance ?
In the absence of agreement on the choice of notaire, the regulation of the notarial profession establishes an order of priority:
- the notaire of the surviving spouse,
- the notaire of the heirs,
- the notaire of the universal legatees,
- the notaire of non-reserved heirs,
- equally ranked among the 3 previous orders, the notaire representing the strongest interest.
The notaire in charge of the inheritance will therefore be that of your mother.