I am retired and in financial difficulty. I would like to sell my main residence to buy a smaller one. My daughter, who is bare owner of half the property, refuses to consent to the sale. How can I do?

You can not sell out of court without the consent of your daughter.

If you can not find common ground, and have proof of these amicable attempts, you can apply to the judge to compel it (Articles 818 and 815-5 2nd paragraph of the Civil Code).