I gave my daughter a house in the country. She just died. She was married without children. Can I get this house back?

Being a relative, you are entitled to a legal right of return on the property you have given her and which is still in his patrimony at the time of his death. This right is a matter of public policy.

Moreover, it is very probable that your notary, in drafting the deed of gift of the house in the country, inserted a clause of return conventional. The latter provides for a takeover for the parents of the given property when the child dies without posterity what is your case.