I just sold a property that I owned in joint with my father. The latter, in a psychiatric hospital, gave power of attorney to his wife for sale. Can I ask the notaire to record the funds pending a whole?

No, your father gave power of attorney to his wife, the notaire was able to regulate the sale legally. He will now make a bank transfer to your respective accounts.

If you think your father is no longer able to handle alone heritage or people could abuse his weakness, you can enter the judge for a major protection regime is incapable implemented.