Indeed, integrating an old simple donation into a division has certain advantages:
- This reintegration can make it possible to rebalance the values of the goods donated by the donor to each of his children. Upon his death there will be no re-evaluation of the donations;
- the donor may change the initial allocation of assets ;
- it is not essential that the division involves property other than those that are reinstated;
- the division makes a definitive division of the goods given between its beneficiaries;
- this sharing can not be called into question on the death of the donor.