French Notaires take their public service mission throughout the territory.
They contribute to the country's economic life, as evidenced by these statistics:
Figures of the notary profession as on November 30, 2017:
11,630 notaires, of whom 7.308 practise as partners in 3.292 companies.
5.411 main offices, a number which 1.356 secondary offices should be added, bringing to 6.767 points of contact throughout France.
More than 53,000 employees, which, including notaires, takes the number of people working in offices to over 63,000.
4.986 notaires are women (43%).
The average age is 47.
Each year notaires:
- are consulted by 20 million people,
- handle €600 billion of capital,
- draw up more of 4 million authentic instruments , and more of 320000 statements of inheritance ,
- generate turnover of €652 billion
Breakdown of Notaires activity according to turnover
- Real estate, sales related to building, leases: 50.1%
- Instruments related to loans: 10%
- Instruments related to the family, inheritance: 31.9%
- Property negotiations: 2.7%
- Corporate law, consulting services, valuation, property/estate advice: 5.3%