French Notaires take their public service mission throughout the territory. They contribute to the country's economic life, as evidenced by the statistics.
Figures of the notary profession as on September 30, 2018
13,031 french notaires, of whom 7,534 practise as partners in 3,518 companies.
6,219 main offices, a number which 1,356 secondary offices should be added, bringing to 7,575 points of contact throughout France.
More than 56,000 employees, which, including notaires, takes the number of people working in offices to over 66,000.
5,956 notaires are women (45%).
The average age is 47.
Economic activity of notary profession
Each year notaires are consulted by 20 million people,
They handle €600 billion of capital,
They draw up more of 4 million authentic instruments , and more of 320,000 statements of inheritance ,
They generate turnover of €652 billion.
Breakdown of Notaires activity according to turnover
- Real estate, sales related to building, leases: 50.1%
- Instruments related to loans: 10%
- Instruments related to the family, inheritance : 31.9%
- Property negotiations: 2.7%
- Corporate law, consulting services, valuation, property/estate advice: 5.3%