• Cookies management
Official website of Notaires de France

I am a grandmother of two major children. They are students and their parents are struggling to provide for themselves. Am I obliged to help them?

Yes, because Article 205 of the Civil Code states that "Children owe food to their parents and other relatives who are in need. "And Article 207 that" The obligations arising from [this provision is reciprocal] ".