• Cookies management
Official website of Notaires de France

My husband has just passed away. Can I take the decision to accept or renounce the estate on behalf of my minor children?

No. Article 387-1 of the Civil Code requires the authorization of the family judge:

- the pure and simple acceptance of a succession belonging to a minor,
- the waiver for the minor of a right.