The notary profession in figures
French notaires take their public service mission throughout the territory. They contribute to the country's economic life, as evidenced by the statistics.
Figures of the notary profession on July 31, 2021
16,500 french notaries, of whom 9,109 practise as partners in 4,395 companies.
6,736 main offices, a number which 1,363 secondary offices should be added, bringing to 8,099 points of contact throughout France.
More than 60,000 employees, which, including notaires, takes the number of people working in offices to over 76,500.
8,950 notaires are women (54%).
The average age is 44.
Economic activity of notary profession
Each year notaires are consulted by 20 million people.
They collect more than 30 billion euros in taxes for the State.
They draw up more of 4.65 million authentic instruments , and more than 350,000 new registrations in the FCCDV.
They generate turnover of 8.4 billion euros.
Breakdown of notaries activity according to turnover
- Real estate, sales related to building, leases: 50.1%
- Instruments related to loans: 10%
- Instruments related to the family, inheritance : 31.9%
- Property negotiations: 2.7%
- Corporate law, consulting services, valuation, property/estate advice: 5.3%