Personal data protection policy
Committed about respecting your privacy, personal data protection is one of our major concerns.
The purpose of this policy is to provide you with concrete and relevant information which concerns the processing of personal data, for the implementation of the Notaires.fr web site: https://www.notaires.fr
- Personal data: any information related to a person identified or identifiable directly or indirectly (hereinafter, “data” or “personal data”).
- Processing of personal data: any operation related to personal data such as collection, recording, extraction, modification, etc. (hereinafter, "processing" or "processing of personal data" • Data subjects: any individual whose personal data goes through processing (hereinafter, "you", "your" or "data subjects").
- Data controller: natural or legal person who determines the purpose and means of processing.
- Data Protection Officer: person designated by the data controller, to monitor that all the elements are in keeping with the regulations, the latter is the point of contact for questions related to the rights of data issues and cooperate with the French Data Protection Commission (CNIL).
- Cookies: computer file (tracer) deposited and read, mainly after having consulted a website, reading an email, using an application or software, regardless of the terminal that has been used.
The Supreme Council of Notaries, who is responsible for processing personal data within the meaning of Regulation (EU) 2016/679 dated April 27, 2016, commits to implement suitable measures to protect your personal data.
Basis and purpose of the processing personal data
Your data is processed to help us provide you with the website functionality you may expect. This way, you will be able to browse through our website and get information about the activities, services that we develop and the tools that we offer you. Some collected information may help us understand, improve, and develop our website according to your requirements. As for the processing within this policy, the latter is based on the legitimate interest pursued by the Data Controller, to present and explain the activities he may implement:
- Ensure the proper functioning and improvement of the website, not to mention the services and features that are offered.
- Guarantee the security of website
- Manage a mailing list to send a newsletter
- The consent of the people who are concerned is the foundation for the processing of personal data, which is implemented for the purposes of managing the deposit of cookies, except those necessary for the website’s operation (see section "The functionalities of cookies used on the website")
Personal data collection In keeping with the regulations, only the require data for the purposes mentioned before, are processed.
Retention period for personal data
The data collected is retained for a period of time which is required to achieve the purposes mentioned above. The necessary connection information which is key, to improve the tool and maintain an appropriate level of security is retained for up to 12 months after collection.
Personal data recipients
In order to achieve the purposes mentioned before, your data shall be communicated in full or in part:
- legally empowered third parties (e.g.: police authorities in the context of legal requisitions);
- to persons authorized within the SCN in charge of the Notaires.fr website
- to subcontractors in charge of technical services (design, maintenance, hosting, etc.)
Data transfer outside the European Union
Personal data is not passed on to a country, which is outside the European Union. The data required for the development of statistics and audience measurements, are likely to be processed outside the EU, in keeping with the data management policy, which has been implemented by the manager of each publisher.
Personal data safety
The Data Controller commits to guarantee the confidentiality and security of the personal data which is processed. Moreover, he monitors the commitment of subcontractors to make sure the technical and organizational measures are implemented, to guarantee an appropriate security level.
In keeping with the regulations, you can access your data. If need be, you can request to rectify or erase these, obtain the processing limitation of this data or object to it for reasons related to your particular situation. These rights can be exercised directly with the Data Controller or the Data Protection Officer at the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org . If you feel, after having contacted us, that your rights have not been respected, you can file a complaint with a competent supervisory authority, CNIL for France.
Functions of cookies used on the website While browsing the website, tracking tools can generate and place one or more cookie(s) on your terminal. These can mainly facilitate your browsing (e.g. memorizing your username), establish statistics and audience measurements, in order to improve the website, allow targeted advertising.
- Functional cookies are strictly required for the service provision, which is expressly requested by the user and for navigation purposes (e.g.: terminal display adaptation, choice of language, access to a personal space, etc.). In fact, they are exempt from consent collection.
- Analytical cookies allow the generation of statistics related to the use, general traffic and carrying out of the website, to improve it.
- « Third-party » content sharing on social networks cookies makes sharing website content easy, on different social platforms. These are deposited via social network buttons. For more information on the use of your data, we encourage you to consult the data protection policies of the concerned social networks.
- « Third-party » targeting cookies (advertisement) allow you to offer personalized advertising content, based on your interests.
List of cookies used and/or deposited by our website:
|Cookie name||Cookie editor||Aim/Function||Retention|
|Tarteaucitron||CSN||Saves your choices regarding cookie consent||12 months|
|incap_ses_***_******¤||CSN||Hidden functionality provided by Incapsula||Session|
|visid_incap_******¤||CSN||Hidden functionality provided by Incapsula||12 months|
|SSESS**************************||CSN||Maximum duration of a session||23 days|
|popin||CSN||Managing the display of a pop-up||15 minutes|
|popin_val||CSN||Managing the display of a pop-up||12 months|
- Third-party cookies intended to improve the interactivity of the site
|Cookie name||Cookie editor||Aim/Function||Retention|
|_ga||Google Analytics||Allows you to follow the user||13 months|
|_gid||Google Analytics||Allows you to follow the user||24 hours|
|_gat||Google Analytics||Used to limit the throughput of requests, which limits data collection on high traffic sites||1 minute|
For more information, we encourage you to consult the data management policy, which is implemented by each tracing tool publisher (cookies).
You can accept, refuse, or convey your preferences, in terms of cookies through the information banner and the consent collection, to deposit cookies which appear during your first website visit. This can also be accessed through a specific section, known as "Cookie management" available at the bottom of each page of this website. You will be able to go back, at any given time, on the choices you had before. The refusal of social cookie deposit shall prevent any interaction with social networks. The same applies for the refusal of depositing target cookies, (advertising) will prevent the viewing of multimedia content. You can also manage cookies (deactivation, blocking, deletion) from your browser or your terminal in the "Options"/"Preferences" menu. The procedure to follow is generally described in the "Help" section of your browser.