My mother, who has Alzheimer's disease, lives in a retirement home. The latter no longer has enough cash to finance it. Is it possible within the framework of a family authorization to ask the judge to buy back the premiums of her life insurance contract?

Yes. When a person is no longer able to express their will due to a medically confirmed alteration of their mental faculties, it is possible to request a family authorization from the guardianship judge. The authorization may be general or relate only to certain acts in regard to the protected person or his property. In this case, the powers of the representative are exercised under the same conditions as those of the guardian (art. 494-6 C. civ.). The authorization of the guardianship judge is then mandatory to proceed with the redemption of the life insurance contract.