Destination of buildings
The destination of buildings in town planning corresponds to what a construction is built for. It is one of the elements indicated in the planning application relating to the property (building permit or prior declaration).
What is the difference between the destination of buildings and the use of buildings?
The destination of buildings and the use of buildings are traditionally distinguished.
The use of buildings corresponds to a factual element which related to what a building is used for. It corresponds to a prerogative of the Construction and Housing Code, to prevent the disappearance, in certain municipalities, of residential buildings in favor of other uses.
What constructions are impacted by the destination of the buildings?
The concept of destination of buildings was redefined on 02/02/2020 by Decree n ° 2020-78 of 31 January 2020. The destinations are 5 in number, and each include several sub-destinations:
- Agriculture and forestry
- agricultural exploitation
- Trade and service activities
- crafts and retail
- service activities where clients are welcomed
- hotel and tourist accommodation :
“hotels” sub-destination: “buildings intended to accommodate tourists in hotels, that is to say commercial establishments which offer to passing customers who, with some exceptions, do not take up residence there, furnished rooms or apartments for rent, as well as a number of services "
“other tourist accommodation” sub-destination: “constructions other than hotels intended to accommodate tourists, in particular tourist residences and holiday villages, as well as constructions in campsites and in residential leisure parks”
- Equipment of collective interest and public services
- premises and offices for public administrations or similar ones
- technical and industrial premises of public administrations or similar ones
- educational, health and social work establishments
- art and concert halls
- sports equipment
- other equipment open to the public
- Other activities in the secondary or tertiary sectors
- congress and exhibition center
- We own a land in joint ownership composed of 4 people. Only three co-owners participated in the construction of the house built on the land. How to rectify the property proportions of each?
- I buy a property for which the mandate of sale provides that the payment of real estate agency commission is the responsibility of the seller. Why is this commission included in the base for calculating notaire fees?
- I am a tenant of my principal residence and owner of my second home. I want to sell it so I can buy a new home that I will assign to my main home. This residence is worth 300.000 €, but I still have 100.000 € of credit to refund. [...]
- Seven years ago, I had my house extended but I did not take out property damage insurance. I wish to sell my property but the notary tells me that I must personally guarantee the purchaser in case of occurrence of damage covered by the ten-year guarantee.