French notaires take their public service mission throughout the territory. They contribute to the country's economic life, as evidenced by the statistics.
Figures of the notary profession as on 1 January 2019
13,292 french notaires, of whom 7,602 practise as partners in 3,550 companies.
6,189 main offices, a number which 1,356 secondary offices should be added, bringing to 7,545 points of contact throughout France.
More than 57,000 employees, which, including notaires, takes the number of people working in offices to over 70,000.
6,291 notaires are women (47,3%).
The average age is 47.
Economic activity of notary profession
Each year notaires are consulted by 20 million people.
They handle €600 billion of capital.
They draw up more of 4 million authentic instruments , and more of 320,000 statements of inheritance .
They generate turnover of €7.5 billion.
Breakdown of Notaires activity according to turnover
- Real estate, sales related to building, leases: 50.1%
- Instruments related to loans: 10%
- Instruments related to the family, inheritance : 31.9%
- Property negotiations: 2.7%
- Corporate law, consulting services, valuation, property/estate advice: 5.3%