The notary profession in figures
French notaires take their public service mission throughout the territory. They contribute to the country's economic life, as evidenced by the statistics.
Figures of the notary profession as on 1 April 2019
13,695 french notaires, of whom 7,735 practise as partners in 3,618 companies.
6,138 main offices, a number which 1,357 secondary offices should be added, bringing to 7,495 points of contact throughout France.
More than 57,000 employees, which, including notaires, takes the number of people working in offices to over 70,000.
6,613 notaires are women (48%).
The average age is 47.
Economic activity of notary profession
Each year notaires are consulted by 20 million people.
They handle €600 billion of capital.
They draw up more of 4 million authentic instruments , and more of 320,000 statements of inheritance .
They generate turnover of €7.5 billion.
Breakdown of Notaires activity according to turnover
- Real estate, sales related to building, leases: 50.1%
- Instruments related to loans: 10%
- Instruments related to the family, inheritance : 31.9%
- Property negotiations: 2.7%
- Corporate law, consulting services, valuation, property/estate advice: 5.3%