The notary profession in figures
French notaires take their public service mission throughout the territory. They contribute to the country's economic life, as evidenced by the statistics.
Figures of the notary profession as on 30 September 2019
14,571 french notaires, of whom 8,017 practise as partners in 3,768 companies.
6,180 main offices, a number which 1,358 secondary offices should be added, bringing to 7,488 points of contact throughout France.
More than 57,000 employees, which, including notaires, takes the number of people working in offices to over 70,000.
7,344 notaires are women (50,4%).
The average age is 47.
Economic activity of notary profession
Each year notaires are consulted by 20 million people.
They handle €600 billion of capital.
They draw up more of 4 million authentic instruments , and more of 320,000 statements of inheritance .
They generate turnover of €7.5 billion.
Breakdown of Notaires activity according to turnover
- Real estate, sales related to building, leases: 50.1%
- Instruments related to loans: 10%
- Instruments related to the family, inheritance : 31.9%
- Property negotiations: 2.7%
- Corporate law, consulting services, valuation, property/estate advice: 5.3%